Tennis AR was built to explore the depths of what a shared experience in AR could potentially exhibit. In this server-client model, all clients are connected to a server that synchronizes playback of an exciting match between Venus and Suarez during the US Open. Any number of clients are encouraged to join at any time.
- Client control of match seeking to specific sets/points/etc, synchronized across all devices.
- Live twitter feed of hashtags related to match.
- Motion capture applied to rigged models.
- In-game access panel with relevant match information and client control.
- Jumbotron of camera feed.
- A synchronized blimp.
- Ability to rotate and place entire match to fit client’s AR environment.
- Various spatial sound effects.
- Ad placement for possible ad revenue.
Further discussion off-line
Built using Unity, Maya, and Motion Builder
Initial design by Javier Lazo